How do I backup ColorMetrix files?
To backup your ColorMetrix.mdb database file:
- Locate the ColorMetrix.mdb file
- The default installation directory is: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ColorMetrix\ColorMetrix.mdb
- If you are trying to navigate to this directory the Application Data directory may be hidden Windows hides it by default.
- To show this directory select Tools > Folder options in a window.
- Choose the view tab and select Show hidden files and folders
You will also want to backup any custom report files created for you.
- The default location for your custom report files is C:\Program Files\ColorMetrix\ColorMetrix
- The files are usually yourcompanyname.rpt
- Copy these files to your backup media
These are the only files you need to backup. Everything else can be re-installed from your disk or downloaded from our website.